Yankee fallout time!
Boss discussed pulling the trigger on firing Torre.
Pinella discussed for the job, instead opts for Washington...
That's page 1. I think the guys on page 2 tell the truth a lot better.
Fuck Jeter, trade him. Not A-Rod
Gallo's humorous take on why A-Rod wasn't at fault, really.
And even Gene weighs in on something I've told Ron.
Blame "Yosemite Sam" Steinbrenner.
You think I'm taking the high road? Aww, hell no. Here's what I think should happen in the Bronx.
1. Get rid of Jeter: Team Captain, my ass. Jeter's leadership is about as useful as tits on a tree. When you think about it, A-Rod is the better shortstop, hands down. He sucks at third, but then so do other people shifted to third. The only person who made a successful transition to third in the modern era, "Iron Man" Cal Ripken, Jr. Trade Jeter for the one thing you do need. Pitching!
2. Clear out the bullpen: Johnson is done. Rivera is done. Wright needs backup. The pitching is mediocre. The relief blows. And Mario can't save you all anymore. Pick up some good to decent pitching.
3. Get rid of Sheffield: I know he's got a ring on him from that Florida team that whooped your NYC ass, but that's not a reason to keep him. He's banged up, he has no respect for any of you, and he's in it for the money. That's all he wants. If he's going to be on a sinking ship, he'll bleed you as much as he can. Get rid of this leech and keep Torre.
4. Leave Torre alone: He needs a team, Boss. Not a group of pansy-assed individuals that can't and won't do the job. Trust me, that's what you had with the last trophy. A team of near nobodies.
5. Move A-Rod to Short, dammit: A-Rod is the better shortstop. (Yes, Jade, he is.) A-Rod's numbers are a lot better lifetime than Jeter's. NYC is going to hate this, but Jeter is the cancer, not the cure. Jeter might have a good run, but he's going to break down sooner than later. If the fans get off of A-Rod's back and shut up when he's at short, they'll see something. Remember fans, it's not what you want. It's what George wants. Shut the fuck up and let George run the team. He's an evil prick, but he knows talent. You kept Jeter in at short when George wanted A-Rod at short. It's his turn to run the team.
6. Giambi becomes the Team Captain: I hate Jason Giambi. I hate his guts and wished he shut up. However, him as team captain is what's needed. Giambi isn't afraid to go up to the Boss himself and tell him how bad the team sucks. He was the guy that told A-Rod to snap out of it. He's the guy the younger players listen to. He's been there and done that. Ironically, he's not a Boomer Wells head-case. Give him the C, Torre. He'll do wonders.
7. Keep your same defense the whole year: Abreu works at Right. Damon sucks at center, DH his ass. Move Melky to Center. Leave Matsui at Left. That's the outfield. Giambi at first. Fuck Sheffield, he should be gone by now. Cano at second. A-Rod at Short. I'm thinking...put Cairo at third. Why? Cairo is a position player. Also, the second baseman spot he plays at is at the left side of the bag. Different position on the field, but same placement. Try it, Joe. It'll work.
8. Finally, Boss, you need your balls back: Follow those steps and you might get past that pesky ALCS or ALDS. You need a team dynamic, not stars. Trade the dead weight of Jeter, Sheffield, and Johnson for the pitching staff you need now.
If you've got better, be civil. That's all I've got.
There are currently no trackbacks for this item.
Use this TrackBack url to ping this item (right-click, copy link target). If your blog does not support Trackbacks you can manually add your trackback by using this form.