Top Ten Sports stories that we don't give a fuck about
1.) LPGA to drug test - Wake me up when the PGA, or even the Senior Tour, start drug testing. That'll be interesting. I would love to see who is on drugs on those tours.
2.) Bobby Knight chin tapping the basketball player - Oh please. You know Bobby Knight, you know his history. A chin tap. Should he be touching players? No. Will it probably happen again? Yes. Shouldn't we be more focused on the fact he's on the verge of becoming the NCAAB's all time wins leader? Yes.
3.) Randy Moss not catching balls because he's "unhappy." Oh grow up Randy. Shut up, show up on time, and play hard no matter where you are or get your ass out of the game. End of story.
4.) Boston willing to waste $100 million on pitcher Daisuke Matsuzaka - Does anyone care anymore? Maybe you die-hard Sox fans do, but does anyone else? Besides the fact that MLB pays it players way more than they're worth and they bring in income to the team?
5) Yes, Joe Paterno isn't going anywhere. Did anyone honestly think he'd be going anywhere just because he's almost 80 and he should be staying off his leg for a few weeks? I didn't. Let's move on.
See the bottom five behind the cut. 6) Should the Packers try and start signing Brett Favre now or wait until the chaos begins later in the season? Does anyone care? It doesn't really matter, because Brett has loyalty. And as long as the Packers want him, he'll stay. This isn't news.
7) Who will win Dancing with the Stars? Mario Lopez or Emmit Smith? Why is this on ESPN? Not everything that has to do with a former NFL great should be considered ESPN news or news at all. It's a popularity contest; it's dancing American Idol for celebs.
8) Various NBA players getting hit with lawsuits. Kobe, Randolph. It's not like basketball players as a whole are considered good, upstanding citizens who never do anything against the law or something that they couldn't be sued for damages with.
9) MLS teams now allowed to acquire one "Star Player" under a new rule named for David Beckham. This is why MLS teams suck, because they only allow for one star player. And does anyone care where Beckham will be playing next?
10) Anything else to do with baseball in the off season. Frankly, I grow bored enough watching baseball on TV, and I honestly don't get the chance to go to actual games often enough. I think that baseball players are the most overpaid professional athletes in the world, and all the talk about how much they're going to be getting paid next year makes me want to never see another baseball game ever again.